Jamestown, NY 14701
Career Concepts is looking for an Ophthalmic Technician in Dunkirk and Jamestown
- Conducts diagnostic tests to determine intraocular pressure and pupil testing for size, equality and reaction prior to dilation.
- General Accountabilities
- Administers diagnostic tests.
- Maintains well detailed completed charts prepared for Doctors with Patient medical information, HPI, VA, IOP ect.
- Conducts tests to determine intraocular pressure.
- Administers topical or oral medications and knowing what drops are needed and when to use said drops.
- Assists physicians in performing procedures.
- Maintains instruments or equipment.
- Measures distance and near visual acuity using appropriate tests.
- Reads spectacles and knowing the difference between single vision, bifocal, trifocal or progressive lenses.
- Operates equipment as necessary.
- Handles Equipment properly in office and traveling.
- Assist other areas in the office when needed including but not limited to; reception, billing and optical prn.
- Scanning patient testing tech only and Optometrist days. Stocking each work up and exam rooms with appropriate paperwork. *
- The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Awareness of what is needed to travel with the doctor and making sure someone is responsible for the supplies and equipment needed for those days.
Maintains exam and work up rooms and office which include but are not limited to:
- Cleaning counters and sweeping floors
- Organize supplies Stocking supplies in all rooms and office
- Removing garbage before leaving in exam and workup rooms
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Service orientation
- Active listening
- Social perceptiveness
Please submit resume. To apply email firstname.lastname@example.org