Accounts Payable Clerk
Jamestown, NY 14701
Career Concepts is recruiting in the Jamestown area for an Accounts Payable Clerk.
Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
- · Reconcile vendor invoices to receiving and check for any discrepancies.
- · Verifying resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos;
- · Enter invoice into the PRMS system.
- · Ensure PO’s are routed correctly.
- · Verify employee expense reports by receiving and verifying for travel & miscellaneous expenses; validate appropriate receipts.
- · Complete data entry with; correct coding; appropriate ledger account; data entry to PRMS system.
- · Verify appropriate use of sales and use tax, with all invoices.
- · Verify lease payments are; coded to correct ledger account; sent for approval; and entered into PRMS system.
- · Correctly schedules expenses to update in Excel spreadsheet.
Required Education and Experience:
- · Required to understand and communicate in English
- · One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- · Teamwork- Balances team and individual responsibilities.
- · Ethics- Treats people with respect.
- · Organizational Support- Follows policies and procedures; Supports organization’s goals and values.
- · Quality- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- · Dependability- Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- · Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- · Ability to write simple correspondence.
- · Ability to effectively present information to other employees of the organization.
- · Mathematical aptitude
- · Accounting knowledge
- · Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, and volume.
- · Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- · Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- · Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- · Proficiency in Excel
- · Internet
- · PRMS system
The position is full-time M-F: 8-430pm, with a pay range of $11.50-$13.50. To apply email email@example.com