Custodian 3rd Shift
Erie, PA 16506 US
Third Shift Custodian
Under general supervision, performs a wide variety of custodial duties to provide a clean, orderly, and safe environment; and perform related work as required. This is a full time, third shift position, Monday through Friday, 11:00 PM - 7:30 AM and includes benefits.
- Clean and sanitize restrooms/bathrooms using established practices and procedures.
- Clean, dust, and wipe furniture; sweep, mop, and/or vacuum floors; empty/clean wastebaskets and trash containers; refill restroom dispensers.
- Performs duties in and around campus facilities; implements setup and take-down for a wide variety of campus and community events; works closely with employees and the public to meet the custodial needs of the area; and resolves problems to ensure efficient and safe operations.
- Strip, clean and buff floors, vacuum, and shampoo carpets on an as needed basis.
- Use and maintain assigned power equipment and hand tools, buffers and vacuums, brooms, mops, and squeegees for the cleaning and general maintenance of floors, walls, carpets, furniture, etc.
- Wash walls and equipment; use equipment in accordance with OSHA and other Institutional safety procedures when required in work assignments.
- Lock and unlock assigned buildings: secure building when facilities are not in use checking for unlocked doors, report any unauthorized occupants, turn off lights, etc.
- Follow instructions regarding the use of cleaning materials and supplies in accordance with OSHA and Institutional Safety Protocols.
- Move furniture, equipment, supplies and tools on an as needed basis.
- Wash accessible interior and exterior windows and clean associated blinds on an as needed basis.
- Handle trash and other recycling materials in accordance with proper disposal procedures.
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- Applicant must be reliable and have a stable work history.
- Background check required as a condition of employment.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of various methods of maintaining, cleaning, and preserving a variety of surfaces; proper use of a wide range of chemicals according to state and federal regulations; handling and disposing of hazardous materials with care.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Confident in handling ambiguity and fluid situations and have an abundance of common sense and pragmatism.
- Ability to work with individuals at all levels in the organization and throw equal enthusiasm behind the more routine, hands-on activities, as well as those requiring a higher profile.
- Organizational skills; must be accurate and attentive to detail.
- Ability to maintain an established work schedule; assess and prioritize multiple tasks and demands.
- Interpersonal skills to include tact and diplomacy.
- Organizational and planning skills, including attention to detail and follow-through.
- Maintain confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed.
- Flexibility to accept other duties needed/assigned for the department needs.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collegiality with others, consistent with a workplace of dignity and respect and EEO rules and regulations.
- Ability to report to work as scheduled, ready to devote full attention and energy to the important work of the facility
- Ability to accept work directives from managers and supervisors in a respectful and cooperative manner.
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent required.
- One (1) year of custodial experience. Housekeeper in a school setting with knowledge of cleaning products and use of floor, carpet cleaning equipment preferred.
- Pay rate is $11 per hour
- Full Time
- 3rd Shift: 11 pm-7:30 am M-F
- Weekly pay while employed through Career Concepts
- Benefits while employed through Career Concepts
- Benefits: Upon Hire 2 weeks vacation after 1 year
- Sick days
- Paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Prescription drug plan
- Pet insurance
- Life/AD&D disability
- Employee assistance
- voluntary benefits
- Tuition discounts
- Erie, PA 16506
About Career Concepts Staffing Services, Inc.
Career Concepts was founded in 1967, and since then has become Northwestern Pennsylvania's leading and largest locally owned full-service staffing organization. As the top industry performer in our area, we have been voted #1 employment agency by the Erie Times News, the Meadville Tribune, and the West county Journal Reader’s Choice polls!