Great Local Opportunity with advancement!!!
- •Following procedures, utilizes full technical ability, experience, and knowledge to safely manufacture dies, parts, and spare parts in a timely manner consistent with quality and SOP (“Standard Operating Procedure”) requirements.
- •Studies specifications such as blueprints, sketches, models, or descriptions, and visualizes product to determine materials required and machines to be used to fabricate parts.
- •Selects proper materials to be used including type of steel, machines, tooling, gauging instruments (calipers, micrometers, gauge blocks, comparators, etc.).
- •Computes dimensions, plans layout, and determines assembly method and sequence of operations.
- •Measures, marks, and scribes metal stock for machining, as needed.
- •Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathes, milling machine, shaper, and grinder (precision grinding to include wet, surface, CNC, Jig, etc.), to machine parts, and verifies conformance of machined parts to specifications.
- •Verifies dimensions, alignments, and clearances.
- •Makes allowances for shrinkage during heat treating of tools and metal flow in dies.
- •Examines standard or previously used dies, tools, and jigs and fixtures, and recommends design modifications regarding construction and function of part.
- •Investigates problems that arise while performing a job and applies problem solving techniques to attempt to resolve problems, using assistance as needed.
- •Maintains focus on productivity, maximizing uptime.
- •Completes required paperwork accurately and efficiently to verify work.
- •Properly tracks time worked using required methods and systems.
- •Participates in training and cross training efforts, as assigned. *
- •Maintains positive and supportive employee relations through continuous communication with all colleagues.
- •Performs other duties and assignments, as deemed necessary, to support J.V.’s dynamic business and operational needs.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- High School diploma or equivalent. Vo-tech and/or technical school preferred. Previous tool and die making and precision surface grinding experience a plus.
- Proficient problem solving skills.
- Proficient reading blue prints and layouts.
- Interacts well with others; team player.
- Good communication skills, written and verbal; includes legible handwriting.
- Motivated, willing to learn.
- Compensation commensurate with qualifications, experience, skills, and abilities.
- Typical work week is minimum of 45 hours.
- Excellent benefit package included. J
Job Type: Full-time Salary: $16.00 /hour
To apply email firstname.lastname@example.org