EMLENTON, PA 16373
Lumber Grader/ Lumber Inspector–
Now Hiring Lumber Inspectors for a busy 4th Generation Family Owned and Operated Local Lumber Company in Emlenton, PA. This is Full Time, and the shift is Monday to Thursday 6:00 AM - 4:30 PM. Friday 6:00am to 11am. Pay is based on experience and ranges from $16 - $18 (or higher in some cases) an hour! We are looking for reliable individuals with a good work history, who have NHLA Training (Preferred). Attention to detail and Steel Toed Boots are a MUST-HAVE! This is a fast paced and physical environment with lots of room for growth!
- Use NHLA lumber grading rules to inspect lumber
- Visually inspects green and/or dry hardwood lumber according to species, grade and dimension
- Grading machine set up
- Grade at production rates, while maintaining the required grading accuracy
- Control quality and productivity throughout the inspection process
- Communicate quality issues with other team members
- Use a tape measure and work simple fractions
- Able to re-manufacture and upgrade lumber to increase value
- Identify proper planer set up and planer defects
- Work safely and help maintain a safe work environment
- You will report to your shift supervisor
- Lumber Inspector with plenty of opportunity to advance
Qualifications and Skills
- NHLA certified or equivalent experience
- Possess the ability to accurately apply NHLA rules
- Minimum of one (1) years’ experience grading green and kiln dried domestic lumber
- Previous millwright experience is a plus
- Seeking self-motivated individuals
- MUST-HAVE Steel Toe Boots for work.
- Forklift, Front Loader, and Heavy Equipment Operating experience preferred
- Building Material knowledge, and Basic Math skills are nice to have but not mandatory!
- Must pass drug test
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Starting at $16 - $18 (or higher in some cases) an hour B.O.E.!
- Full Time Day Shift Approx. 45 hours a week!
- Monday – Thursday 6am – 4:30pm Friday 6am – 11am
- Weekly pay while through Career Concepts
- Benefits while employed through Career Concepts, and after hired on permanently to the Company!
- PTO once hired on
- Casual dress code i.e., jeans, t-shirt, sweatshirt (Nothing Offensive)
- Potential permanent hired on after 720 hours are completed
- Promotion opportunities available.
- Located in Emlenton, Pa
About Career Concepts
Career Concepts was founded in 1967, and since then has become Western Pennsylvania's leading and largest locally owned full-service staffing organization. As the top industry performer in our area, we have been voted #1 employment agency by the Erie Times News, the Meadville Tribune, and the West county Journal Reader’s Choice polls!
To apply, please email email@example.com