Westfield, NY 14787
Career Concepts is recruiting in the Westfield, NY area for Maintenance Technicians.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Setup and tear down equipment; may assist with major repairs, construction, fabrication, and installation of new plant equipment
- Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on conveyor systems and production machines; troubleshoot malfunctions
- Locate sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation, listening for problems, and using precision measuring and testing instruments
- Remove defective parts by dismantling components using hoists and hand and power tools
- Perform advanced maintenance duties using hoists and hand and power tools such as reading mechanical schematics, cut & key a shaft, broach a sprocket, change gear head, weld stainless metal, use a metal sheer, use a metal bender, cut & crimp ends on hydraulic hose and cut & lace belting
- Help control downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance
- Assists with welding and fabrication of equipment used for processing and packaging.
- Use SAP to document and communicate with operations
- Work in a safe manner with a sense of urgency while maintaining a safe and orderly work area
- Participate in and successfully complete management-assigned training directed at increasing job-related trade skills
- May assist with the training of lower level maintenance employees in keeping all equipment in good repair and regularly serviced
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Two-year degree in specialized maintenance trade preferred.
Years of Related Experience:
- 3-5 years of related experience
- Basic to advanced mechanical knowledge Basic to advanced electrical and building skills
- Ability to read and interpret safety documents, maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Ability to complete work orders and enter the required paperwork into a computer
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills sufficient to communicate in a professional manner with co-workers and supervisors
- Ability to pass a standardized hands-on mechanical aptitude assessment.
- Must be able to lift up to ninety (90) lbs. The position is full-time, must be available to work any shift.
The starting pay rate is $16.00 an hour, with potential of increase after trial period.
To apply email email@example.com